DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
To become a role model in impacting technologically oriented skills in electrical power, electronics and telecommunications for national technological development.
Our programmes are tailored towards moulding our students through teaching and research development so that our graduates are imbued with the knowledge of self-employment and employer of labour.
National Diploma (ND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.(Accredited 2010).
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology (Power and Machines Option) (Accredited 2009)
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
(Electronics and Telecommunication Option) (Accredited 2014)
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology (Control and Instrumentation Option)
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
The purpose and objectives of the Department is to train students who could:
- Solve practical problems in Electronics/Electrical Engineering by analysis and experimentation
- Design and construct complex Electronic/Electrical circuits for use in modification or as a part of major construction
- Erect, assemble and install Electronic/Electrical equipment and design
- Carry-out routine maintenance and repairs of electronic/electrical installations, equipment and systems.
- Apply the basic principles of management to manage engineering industries
- Commission and operate relevant equipment and installations.
1. NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND)
The entry requirements for ND are:
Five credit O’ level passes including Mathematics, Physics, English, Chemistry, and any other sciences subject at Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent at not more than TWO sittings, in addition to UTME pass.
2. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
The general entry requirements for HND are
- All the requirements for admission into the ND programme
- A minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 2.50 and above) in the ND examination in Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of one year cognate working experience.
The Department also runs Part-time programmes in all accredited HND and ND courses. Both the HND and ND have minimum duration of six (6) and maximum of twelve (12) semesters for completion of the programme.